Tyrian Covenant [HERO]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

warrior hero builds Empty warrior hero builds

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:38 pm
I've been on a kick to use my lesser used heroes (Derv, Para, Mesmer but also Warrior) and since I'm experimenting with my Rit builds I need a couple of melee heroes.
I've given Kamu a few tank-ish builds, but I wanted to dust off Jora and Koss. I never played a warrior myself, so I'm not too well versed into those skills.

as a general rule I equip Jora with an Axe and Koss with a sword, althoguh I have a few Joras with hammers too.

I can look at PvXWiki, but was wondering if you guys had some suggestions? any "special" builds for certain situations?

I generally throw whatever equipment I have around for looks, anything I should pay closer attention to?

I should also mention I don;t like to micro heroes, so anything that requires more than poniting them to a target is probably not for me.

warrior hero builds Empty Re: warrior hero builds

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:24 pm
I typically run Warriors as Warrior/Assassin for the simple fact that the AI will Death's Charge into the Abyss if given half a reason. So a simple build I use with Koss quite often is Tiger Stance (I prefer Berserker on my warrior but the AI cannot use it properly), Hundred Blades, Endure Pain, Sever Artery, Gash, Death's Charge, and a slowdown (Caltrops works fair, Hamstring can work but takes a lot of energy), and Rez.

Typically when you engage an enemy the warrior should Death's Charge into the fray and obtain a fair amount of aggro, which helps out quite a bit and if you get target-switching happy, they can also shift over much faster.

Oh, and go 12/12 Strength/Swordsman with the rest of the points in Shadow for a decent heal in Death's Charge.

The primary thing you want to think about when building your warrior heroes is how can they be the ones to draw the most aggro. Once you answer that, you have a good build in mind.

Another build would be a Warrior/Elementalist that uses Earth Magic abilities to create AoE slowdown. This could also work as a Warrior/Dervish as well.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 pm
I use Kamu as a tank sometime with its Aoe and cripple.

I tried the build you suggested and I like it, Death's Charge is definitely nice for a hero tank

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:13 am
Just be careful with the heroes using Death's Charge cause my Koss decided to DC to an enemy but got stuck there cause I didn't give him Return...so I was out 1 hero cause he was stuck on a ledge. lol

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:03 pm
Yeah, you need to manually disable it near bridges, ledges, and other assorted obstacles.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum