Tyrian Covenant [HERO]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Need A Good Warrior/Monk Build.. Empty Need A Good Warrior/Monk Build..

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:42 am
Hey guy's, i really need a build the one i have is one that i just threw together and surprisingly it work's great but i would like to have more strategy in my game play instead of the easy road.. if any of you could get me a build i would be great full Smile

Justice. Very Happy

Need A Good Warrior/Monk Build.. Empty Re: Need A Good Warrior/Monk Build..

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 am
Gotta take the easy road. Easier to mug pedestrians for their gold. I dont play war, all i have is my warriors comfort build cat

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:52 am
What are you looking to do with your Warrior?

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:02 am
Uhm probbly, anything.. just need a good build to get me trough the game, if it help's i would lik a PvE build, and mabe more intedted for the deep let's say..

but other then that i o0nly want a build that will help me with PvE..

Thanks and i finnaly figure'd out how to get my sigg on here!! first ever one amde by me Smile hope you buys like it!! ^ ^

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:17 am
Hmm..well.. In The Deep you don't run W/Mo, and really any mission your better off taking W/Xx and leaving the healers to heal you. Now-a-days there's really not a lot of places I actually run W/Mo, generally I use W/ or W/A.

The build I like the most is my DS spammer build:

Sever Artery, Gash, Dragon Slash, Power Attack, Whirlwind Attack, "For Great Justice!", Enraging Charge, Optional
- Rez Signet, Flail, Lions Comfort, Endure Pain, jus take a skill you could use here, usually I take Rez, tho sometimes I use Flail if I know I won't be moving much when fighting, or Lions Comfort if I might need a little extra healing on myself.
Swordsmanship 12+3+1, Strength 12+1

Other builds I use include:
PvE Sword HB
Sever Artery, Gash, Final Thrust, Power Attack, Whirlwind Attack, "For Great Justice!", Hundred Blades, Optional
- Pretty much the same as the DS build, just a different elite. Only use Final Thrust if your at low adrenaline with your other skills, or you got Hundred Blades procced and the mobs your hitting are mostly under 50%.
Swordsmanship 12+3+1, Strength 12+1

PvE Axe TC
Dismember, Executioneer's Strike, Triple Chop, Cyclone Axe, Whirlwind Attack, "For Great Justice!", Optional, Optional
- This is an AoE Axe build (as is obvious). 3 AoE attack, just make sure you manage your energy, I have a Zealous axe I use with this build when I get surronded by enemy's to tank.
Axe Mastery 12+3+1, Stength 12+1

PvE Axe Eviscerate
Executioneer's Strike, Eviscerate, Cyclone Axe, Whirlwind Attack, "For Great Justice!", Optional, Optional, Optional
Axe Mastery 12+3+1, Stength 12+1

Heres my old W/Mo tank, this was a build I used to solo Thirsty River with when I ran it - It's not as useful now, however if you really want to use a Paladin build, this is the one. Just dump the 2 end skills if your running with a group.
Sever Artery, Gash, Final Thrust, Healing Breeze, Healing Hands, Mending, Balthazar's Spirit, Optional (usually Flail/Rez)
Smiting Prayers 3, Strength 9+1, Healing Prayers 9, Swordsmanship 12+2/3+1
- Healing Prayers must be 9 to hold the +7 HB regen, otherwise drop the healing prayers to 5.

Edit:
Ah, and before I forget - Here's the W/A Deep Tank
"You Move Like a Dwarf!", Defensive Stance, Soldier's Defense, "I Am Unstoppable!", Dark Escape, Signet of Strength, Death's Charge, Shadow Meld
- Shadow Arts 6, Strength 11+1, Tactics 12+1+1 - You can also use a strength helm, but I recommend tactics.

Edit2:
With all of these builds, I run the same runeset except the helmet which I change out depending on if I'm tanking/sword DPS/axe DPS
Knights Insignia on all Pieces
Superior Absorbtion on the chest piece. This is important to place on this piece, as its the one that is most hit!
Minor Strength, Superior Vigor and Vitae on the remaining pieces, doesn't matter which.

Get at me in game and I'll send you the template for most any of the builds.

Last edited by Unrully on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 am
Alright I read your post you put in The Deep thread saying you don't know why I said not to run W/Mo, so let me explain myself a little here, sorry!

There's 4 different types of charcters. Tanks, Physical DPS, Caster DPS and Healers. Warriors can fill two roles: Tanks and Physical DPS.

Now, back in the day, before nightfall, and it even somewhat hurt it when factions came out, it was perfectly viable to run a Paladin build in a group to give yourself that little extra healing while tanking. However, nowadays with so many skills out there to choose from, Warrior's are better off letting the healers heal you while you tank, compared to wasting your energy on a Paladin build and throwing minor heals on yourself. Your energy is much better spent on defensive stances, signets, skills, etc (eg: soldiers defense, dolyak signet, defy pain, etc - Just whatever the certain dungeon calls for).

Say your in The Deep, for instance. And your using the W/Mo build I stated above with Healing Hands. Now you go in, start tanking some mobs, so you throw a Healing Breeze on yourself - Then a Monk throws a Healing Breeze on you. You just wasted 10 energy, because the monks HB is going to heal for at least 2-3 more ticks then yours did. It's just not worth it. Your going to be taking extra damage because instead of the dodge/block/armor skills you could be using, you took minor healing skills that will be overridden as soon as a monk throws one on you.

You have to remember that as a tank, in general you are the healers main target. If you die, the mobs your tanking now go to the casters and start wreaking havoc. So your better off taking skills that increase your armor or dodge/block chance, and letting the healers heal you with the reduced damage your taking.

This goes for pretty much anything now. Even if your just out doing some quests H/H style, let the healers heal you, and you focus on what your particular role is at the time - Either DPSing or Tanking. Generally in H/H situations where your doing NM dungeons, or quests, or any easier parts of the game, your don't need to run an actual tank build, it's perfectly ok to run DPS (such as my Dragon Slash Spammer build that I run most of the time).

I hope I clarified myself, if your still confused let me know, I just got outta bed and typed this so I might have been a little unclear. LOL

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:31 am
No, Unrully thanks for the reasoning never knew how to look at it, but to me im tanking or whatever and the monks just sitt there and attack DONT heal ! thats why iwent W/Mo and i had it becasue i had an AoE type of skill and a smiteing skill that huge damage.. but anyways got your build but obv don't have the skills for any of them... don't know why but i don't.. i went to every skill seller and they dont have it.. it pisses me off too becasue i really want to do good in this game but, it's keeps bassically sorry my language screwing me over..

But, i will try and figure out this probly

Justice
king

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 am
Lemme know what campaigns you have and I can make you a build and tell you where to get all the skills.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:58 pm
I have Factions And nightfall at this moment, going to get EoTN soon Very Happy but, don't need any build for NF i don't play it as much as factions.. but probably when i get EoTN i'm going to be playing that 24/7 XD

And BTW Unrully thanks for all the help!
i tried every single build that you gave me, and i go to every single skill's trainer to buy them and there not there, it make's me angry... :@ really, need a good build but never have any of the skill's for it lol...

Justice Fighter One.
king

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:21 pm
Ok, here's your builds. It doesn't matter whether it's a Factions or NF or Core skill, you can use it wherever, it just effects where you can get it.

Sword: (recommended)

Sever Artery - Core
- Micah Fergson (Eye of the North (outpost))
-- Only trainer outside of Proph to attain this skill
-- Should have this, it's one of the first skill you obtain when you make your character, no matter the campaign.

Gash - Core
-- Should have this, it's one of the first skill you obtain when you make your character, no matter the campaign.

Dragon Slash - Factions/EotN Elite
- Seaguard Eli (Boreas Seabed)
- Sskai, Dragon's Birth (Boreas Seabed (explorable area))
- Byndliss Flamecrown (Magus Stones)

Power Attack - Core

Whirlwind Attack - Nightfall Sunspear Skill
- Pikin (Kamadan, Jewel of Istan)
- Shiloh (Sunspear Great Hall)
- Libeh (Command Post)
-- Keep in mind these are HERO SKILL TRAINERS, not regular Skill Trainers. You must click the "Sunspear Skills", not the "Warrior Skills".
-- This is a NF rep skill, it's definetly worth getting your rep to at least level one with Sunspear to pick this up, excellent, excellent skill for Sword or Axe.

"For Great Justice!" - Core
- Michiko (Kaineng Center)
- Akane (Senji's Corner)
-- The staple skill in this build, as with this procced you can spam Dragon Slash for 20 seconds.

Now for your two optional skills. These can pretty much be whatever you need to use at the time, however this is what I use usually:

Enraging Charge - Nightfall
- Bloodback Morrob (Mehtani Keys)
- Robah Hardback (The Floodplain of Mahnkelon)

Sunspear Rebirth Signet (if your sunspear rank is 3+) or Resurrection Signet
- Runkduk (Sunspear Great Hall) or standard skill, should have it already

These are some of the other optional skills that I might use:

Lion's Comfort - Nightfall
- Tohn (Kamadan, Jewel of Istan)

Endure Pain - Core
- Masaharu (Seitung Harbor)
- Dau (The Mouth of Torment)

For your armor, you want this:
Knights/Survivor Insignias (I run Knights)
1x Superior Swordmanship Rune
1x Superior Absorbtion Rune - MUST BE ON CHEST PIECE!! IMPORTANT!!!
1x Minor Strength Rune
2x Vitae Runes
Your final stats should be 13 Strength, 16 Swordsmanship

Weapon:
Sundering blank Sword of Fortitude
- 20/20 sundering, if you can afford it, otherwise anything 18+ is fine
- 30hp fort mod, if you can afford it, otherwise anything 25+ is fine
- 15^50 inscription. These are cheap (750-1000g)

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 pm
Axe: (rnot recommended as much as sword, but still good)

Eviscerate - Prophecies/EotN Elite
- Lissah the Packleader (Bjora Marches)
- Shons the Pretender (Sacnoth Valley)
- Tenagg Flametroller (Blood Washes Blood)
- Charr Prison Guard (Warband of Brothers, level 1)
- The Enforcer (Rragar's Menagerie during The Hunting of the Charr)
- Gordam Griefgiver (Against the Charr)
-- I know you don't have Prophecies, so everything I listed is in EotN. Use the next skill IN PLACE OF this one until you can get EotN.

Cleave - Core Elite
- Chkkr Ironclaw (Mourning Veil Falls)
- Razorfin Fleshrend (Rhea's Crater)
- Chor the Bladed (Marga Coast)
- Ranshek, Carrion Eater (Moddok Crevice)
- Dvalinn Stonebreaker (Drakkar Lake) (only during In the Service of Revenge)

Executioner's Strike - Core
- Akane (Senji's Corner)
- Ziinyingmao Kaga (Dragon's Throat)

Penetrating Chop

Power Attack - Core

Whirlwind Attack - Nightfall Sunspear Skill
- Pikin (Kamadan, Jewel of Istan)
- Shiloh (Sunspear Great Hall)
- Libeh (Command Post)
-- Keep in mind these are HERO SKILL TRAINERS, not regular Skill Trainers. You must click the "Sunspear Skills", not the "Warrior Skills".
-- This is a NF rep skill, it's definetly worth getting your rep to at least level one with Sunspear to pick this up, excellent, excellent skill for Sword or Axe.

"For Great Justice!" - Core
- Akane (Senji's Corner)

Now for your two optional skills. These can pretty much be whatever you need to use at the time, however this is what I use usually:

Enraging Charge - Nightfall
- Bloodback Morrob (Mehtani Keys)
- Robah Hardback (The Floodplain of Mahnkelon)

Sunspear Rebirth Signet (if your sunspear rank is 3+) or Resurrection Signet
- Runkduk (Sunspear Great Hall) or standard skill, should have it already

These are some of the other optional skills that I might use:

Lion's Comfort - Nightfall
- Tohn (Kamadan, Jewel of Istan)

Endure Pain - Core

For your armor, you want this:
Knights/Survivor Insignias (I run Knights)
1x Superior Axe Mastery Rune
1x Superior Absorbtion Rune - MUST BE ON CHEST PIECE!! IMPORTANT!!!
1x Minor Strength Rune
2x Vitae Runes
Your final stats should be 13 Strength, 16 Axe Mastery

Weapon:
Sundering blank Axe of Fortitude
- 20/20 sundering, if you can afford it, otherwise anything 18+ is fine
- 30hp fort mod, if you can afford it, otherwise anything 25+ is fine
- 15^50 inscription. These are cheap (750-1000g)

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 pm
alright lol, but i don't have a sword.... all i have is a fiery axe of something lol...
if you could help me get a god sword i will trade my axe and some other stuff if you want for it.. i just need to get a better build and stuff so i can finnaly finish this game -.-, and what do you mean as a core skill ??

JusticeFighterOne king

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:33 pm
A core skill is a Skill that is available in every campagne

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:36 pm
Alice the Vengeful wrote:A core skill is a Skill that is available in every campagne

I'm trying to decide if you mean Champagne or Campaign.. Razz

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 pm
I can't spell leave me alone.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 pm
Neither can I, don't worry we still love you :-)

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 pm
what about me?? :'(

JusticeFighterOne king

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:49 pm
lol none of us can spell either, so your not alone Smile

JusticefighterOne
king
SAL
SAL
Leader
Leader
Male Gemini Dragon
https://tyriancovenant.forumotion.com

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
My warrior is one of my favorite and most used characters (and my second oldest), and I usually go with a W/Mo setup on it most of the time. I've used a lot of different W/Mo builds, usually leaning towards using Axe more than Sword and Hammer. Here's a couple PvE builds that have been pretty good in particular.

My Defy Pain build: OQMU02nEZpR8V/Vlini+E6EgE+DA
This build is incredibly strong at withstanding all types of damage in general. You can substitute the attack skills for any other attack skills if you prefer, since they're not a required element to the defense of the build.

My Healing Hands build: OQMUERpV12S8V8FlinicFdEgE+D
This build can be potentially almost invincible, but it's effectiveness generally shifts depending on how many of your enemies are melee attackers. The more melee attackers the better, because it relies on Bonetti's Defense to charge your energy to some degree. Again, you can switch out the attack skills for any other attack skills of your choosing.

Note that these builds require a weapon mastery hat to get your weapon attribute up to weapon requirements. I usually use an Axe mastery hat on these builds, to get my Axe attribute up to weapon requirement level. But if I wanted to use a sword and/or sword attacks instead, for example, I could wear a Swordsmanship hat instead, and just divert the extra attribute points into Sword instead of Axe.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum