Tyrian Covenant [HERO]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse
https://tyriancovenant.forumotion.com

Dervish Empty Dervish

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:44 pm
I am a person who prides herself on mastering all 10 classes in Guild Wars. Unfortunately, I cannot boast about that yet as I still need to get better with Dervish and Paragon. We'll focus on Dervish for now. I am pretty good at making Verena durable and I have a decent running build for her, but what I'm failing at is making her fun.

So, if any of you who love Dervish want to suggest some fun builds for me to try, I'll be more than willing to try them. Thank you in advance for all your dervishy advice! Smile

Dervish Empty Re: Dervish

Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm
hey v i might have a build for a derv for u il give it to u nxt time i c u on

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:39 pm
I have some V will give you when I am on

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:31 pm
i don't know if i have a build for you for pve dervish are kinda boring to me but they are mad fun in pvp!! their spikes are freaking amazing and killer too>< but yea...i think it can work in pve as well but then again its a spike..

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 pm
I consider myself a Jack of All trades so sometime I'll throw in input

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:50 pm
OgOk8Qp66xy0424VPo7lMB713V5F

This is one I use all the time for PVE as a tank- keeps u alive and you can do some damage- pretty nice- rebirth can help with party wipes too
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:25 pm
Thank you so much, everyone! I have some things to try out now, but more are always appreciated. Razz
Pez of Metropolis
Pez of Metropolis
Male Taurus Horse

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:25 pm
Alright Vanessa..... This is my specialty XD

All you need for a good derv build is mystic regeneration or mystic healing along with just about anything else. [=

Besides that if you want to count on monks for healing, something you could do that is really fun is what I like to call explosion dervish. Twisted Evil Put on Avatar of Lyssa for +40 energy, then 4-5 skills that inflict damage when you cast them and conditions when they end (or whatever, the general idea is area effect to surrounding foes), then cast mystic twister and mystic sandstorm for mass damage output. affraid

Another cool build is Aura of Holy Might along with Vow if Strength with self healing moves. It provides pretty good damage output too.

And if you don't like any of those, Dervish's are so diverse that it's not hard to create a decent working build without any knowledge. Hell, that's where all the fun really is, just screwing around and enjoying your own custom junk builds.

I hope I could help, let me know if you have any questions. [=

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 pm
My primary char is a derv ;P
So i can help u (but not like hardcore advice, cause im not that good haha)

At the moment i run a wounding strike/asura hexes build. It works fine unless ur like elite mission'ing or go against a longer dungeon/mish.

When u use an avatar also bring Eternal Aura for a permanent avatar duration.
My personal fav is Avatar of Grenth ;P

as Pez said, bring mystic regen or mystic healing with u at all times.

U should also try this combo: Faithful interaction with Mystic Sweep (also supported by other enchantments.)

I have ALOT of other tips, but this post would go on and on xD
Just pm/whisp me here/ingame sometime ;P
SAL
SAL
Leader
Leader
Male Gemini Dragon

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:29 am
Even though I don't even have a Dervish myself, I'm interested to hear from people about how the new Shadow Form / Shroud of Distress combo works on a tanking Dervish build in HM/Elite areas. I know from my own testing that it makes a Warrior extremely durable, and I figure it will make a Dervish a very effective tank as well. But since I can't try it out myself, I'd like to hear from other people about how it seems to work out for them, and what other Dervish skills you've found to work well along with it.

Thanks to anyone in advance who wants to test this and post about it here for me. Smile
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 am
Hey silly, I have a dervish that can do this. Why didn't ya just ask me? Razz

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:32 am
Dervish Dervis10

The build I used when I tanked DoA with you guys. The empty slots are for optional skills.

Last edited by Faith Dunamis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rehosted images)
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:17 pm
You seemed really durable during that run too. It seems like a good build.
Sponsored content