Tyrian Covenant [HERO]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

toa rudiness  Empty toa rudiness

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:46 am
last night after i called off the event do to no one came. I went over to toa to get some uw or fow in. and what i found was nothing but rude players. My build may not be the best for some spots in the game. but as a surporter of aoe i could do some sweet damage. but the thing is almost 90% of the players i incounted are rude. if u don't ping i will kick if i don't they don't like your build they will kick. or worst they will in local say never use this player tonight. i have heard things like quiet playing as a necro and get a better build b4. in fact i am so use to hearing that now. i does not effect me. a 5 year account and i am still loving gw. i still have ideas on build but with who gw has changed in the years i have been playing i am wondering if soon the noobs of builder will have gw screwed up more then the years gone by. no offense but wikis is not the best for gw at times. wikis build don't change in how gw does. players is what make the game good. not premade wikis builds. when will players get that.

and sorry for going off but lastnight was one of the worst nights i ever had trying to get a group together

and no there was no one in the guild being rude. just almost all the players in toa
Twisted Evil
Pez of Metropolis
Pez of Metropolis
Male Taurus Horse

toa rudiness  Empty Re: toa rudiness

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:59 am
I am sorry that your experiences in group finding have been rough bud. I also have had the problem before, multiple times. You are very right; sadly the creation of Pvx and Speed Clears has warped players minds to think there is only one way to complete something, and it has to be the fastest or it isn't good enough.

This is why we are a strongly PvE based guild that sets events for players to play dungeons or elite areas the way THEY want, with a balanced team, their own customized builds, and a full normal clear. [=

Also, Rio, Officers are not the only ones who can set and lead events. If you really want to do a dungeon, mission, quest, elite, or ANYTHING, feel free to set up a calender event for it, and how you would like to do it. I bet you you'll get quite the crowd [=
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse
https://tyriancovenant.forumotion.com

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 am
I'm sorry you went through that last night, Rio. Some people forget that they are actually playing with humans and just say whatever they want regardless of how it might hurt someone. I agree with Nick that some players just want things done fast, and they've forgot the fun and friendship that can come with playing together. They just want to get in and get out and get rich.

I also think it is a great idea to make an event on the calendar if you want a group for UW or FoW. If you make it on the weekend or nighttime after 9 pm (-7GMT), Scott and I will most likely be able to come as well. I can also come for events during the day between 3 pm and 5 pm (-7 GMT).

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:37 pm
Yeah, I would go with a group to UW if it was at a time that I could attend. Sorry about your experience trying to get a group, but I do have one thing to say. I don't find it rude that people ask to see someone's build, as you do not want to go into elite missions not knowing what your allies have. If two ritualists don't ping their builds and they both have the same spirits, it is just like having one less person. Also, about kicking people because of builds. I don't believe that people should require certain builds, which is why I don't really like Speed Clears all that much, but elite missions are hard. To beat them you need a group with skills that can work together. People don't want to waste several hours of their day, so they try to find the best teams they can. Because of this, you have to be flexible. When joining a group you can't say "I'm using this build no matter what you say." You need to be able to alter your build. That is why I like to have the most commonly used skills, so I can alter my build if necessary. People don't have to be rude about it, but you have to be flexible too. I don't know if that applies to your experience but I just felt like saying that.
SAL
SAL
Leader
Leader
Male Gemini Dragon
https://tyriancovenant.forumotion.com

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:46 pm
Sorry to hear about that Rio. Sadly I think it's probably happened to everyone who's tried to do elite missions with pugs. Just remember that the people acting that rudely elitist about builds often aren't even using the best builds themselves, and typically aren't even good players in general. Keeping that in mind helps me to not take that kind of thing personally, but it's still annoying when I see it happening.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum