Tyrian Covenant [HERO]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Getting prepaired for the events. Empty Getting prepaired for the events.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:59 am
Yea... I feel this has to be said. It might not be a pleasant read, I'm aware of that, and I give permission to V and Scott to edit if they feel it appropriate. But I'm sure most of you guys are mature enough to see this with a constructive eye and tell yourself "yea, I was one of those, and I'll do better next time".

So we were going to do The Deep tonight. We actually did, which is good. But here is what happened:

People were not ready. One person had to go get skills all over the place. One didn't have HM. Multiple people weren't aware of the classes needed, never read about the instance, were thinking we could just ride them through. And to be honest, I think that is somewhat normal to a certain extend. But never on the level it happened tonight. The reason why I'm writing this about 3 hours after we did the run is because I had time to cool off, because I wasn't happy at all. And V was not happy, Scott was not happy, Nick was not happy, Cu was not happy. And the list goes on.

The main reason why we were not happy is because WE SCHEDULED A NIGHT TO GET YOU READY! From what I heard, two people actually showed up. And I'm sure those people were among the ones sitting in The Deep waiting for the others. And we appreciate that. But for the others that weren't ready, you have to take advantage of those nights. There are 12 people down there waiting for you. You are taking time off their hands because you are not ready. If you can't attend the preparation night for X reason, then it's your responsibility to get ready yourself.

It is not normal for a run scheduled for 11pm to start at 0h45am. That is ridiculous. Hey, you're late, got stuck in traffic, you need one skill, damn I forgot my icy hilt on my alt, ok cool, 15 min, that's fine, we'll survive. But 1h45 ?!? Really ??

Being prepared, having the correct builds, being flexible. V and Scott changed their classes so the instance could be done. Their team even sacrificed HM so that one guildie could join. They don't have to. They don't need to. They do that for you guys. They make up these events so that you can experience more of the game. You can't expect that much dedication or generosity from all guilds, let me tell you that. And how are they repaid ? I would go as far as saying tonight was completely rude to them.

Please, be respectful to the ones providing you with all the nice events. Do your homework, know what you're getting into. A prepared newb can do more than an unprepared player. It shows appreciation and respect. Show them that you deserve all the work they put in this. If this keeps going on, they'll end up not making those events anymore.

And I would understand them 100%.

Getting prepaired for the events. Empty Re: Getting prepaired for the events.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:31 am
I, for one, am glad you started late because it allowed me to join Smile
We went out last night and I was quite surprised that you guys hadn't left after I tucked the wife in and started playing.
I knew we were short on Monks, so the class to pick was easy (I did monitor the training the night before, even though I did not participate per se, and read the suggested builds on the forum). The delay at the start gave me a chance to read the wiki section about The Deep too.
I guess that's the silver lining Smile

I totally understand what you are saying though and you have every right to be upset, the start was total chaos, and I appreciate the sacrifices some of the guildies made to make this happen.
I had never done The Deep, so this was a new and fun experience for me, and validated that [Moon] is the right guild for me. Please keep events coming, don't let a bad experience bring you down, we do appreciate the effort you guys put into this!

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:25 pm
Despite all that happened last night, I had fun as it was my first run into the Deep and it was a unique experience for me. Kami already pointed out a lot of what happened before the Deep, but I was a little irked at what happened during it: what was with the whining about items? I won't name names, but listening to that kind of crap for two hours was really begining to eat my nerves short. Aren't we mature enough to get past material rewards and not complain endlessly like a child when we don't get something?

Anyway, despite all that happened, I'd like to do it again sometime and I enjoy the dungeon runs and elite missions. Like Chris said, don't let one bad experience sour the rest. Thanks for the good time.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:45 pm
Ya know, last night reminded me of my first date with Kraig. Everything that could possibly go wrong did...and then some! I came home looking like a drown rat and my mom, with sarcastic smile in place, asked "So how did your first date go?" Without a moment's hesitation I answered, "Oh mom it was awesome!!!" See, the situations may have sucked, but I was with an awesome guy and I knew right then that if I could come through that miserable day genuinely feeling that way....this guy was a keeper!!!! Same thing with our guild! Last night was a mess and a half, but thanks to the awesome people in our group, something that should have sucked and/or sent me to therapy (lol) was actually alot of fun!
SAL
SAL
Leader
Leader
Male Gemini Dragon
https://tyriancovenant.forumotion.com

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:28 pm
We may have to reconsider how we do events like this, because it was definitely pretty chaotic. V was really stressed by it, to the point of wanting to leave throughout the event, especially when people weren't listening. I was trying my best to organize it with her, but it's just too much to be having to handle multiple people at once about things that they could have learned already by reading the Elite Mission and Calendar sections of the forum. It probably doesn't seem as bad to someone who's just participating in it. But if you're V or I, who are trying to organize everything, it can be incredibly frustrating and stressful.

We may need to do something like have people sign up for stuff like this on the forum beforehand. Or at least give precedence to taking the people who sign up, and then filling up additional open slots with other members. We'll have to think about it.

I want to thank everyone who was prepared and helpful at getting it going though. Especially Kraig, who led the second team after we had to split into two groups. Lots of people were really patient and helpful, and we really appreciate that.
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:38 am
Kami, thank you so much for this post. It was a needed word, and you delivered it perfectly. I also appreciate the recognition you gave to Scott and I. That means so much to me.

In the future, feel free to talk to me about a build I give you. I welcome improvements, especially from a pro necro. Smile

Thanks to you and all the others who were ready. For those of you who were not, please try to participate in our training events if you are able. If you can't, please just ask us anything ingame that you may need to know before an Elite event is scheduled to begin.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm
And once again, out of conflict and chaos we grow sronger bonds and learn- looking forward to growing and learning with you all- was really cool we had 2 teams complete it at the end and I think we will get better and better now that we are becoming more organizsed.

Thanks also to everyone who helped that terrible build I had get trough Shards of Orr- I am learning I need to study more before doing a random event- I had no idea how long that would take or how ineffective not planning something would be!

See you all tonight!

Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:04 am
Last SEVERAL times I tried to do the Deep back with a previous guild it was so bad we took 3 hours to prepare and then I no longer had time to prepare. Vanessa and Scott might remember this. So I was at least satisfied that we actually got in. What flustered me was the Stupidity in the beginning which I will not go into. Even Vanessa threatened to just leave the game (Which probably would of set me off a little no offense if any taken.) Yeah she doesn't have to sacrifice HM. Once in a while it would be nice to do Normal Mode though. I was rather happy to return to the game after a inactivity I could not help, so Normal Mode helped me readjust and also get a feel for using an ele. I don't mean to sound like I'm slamming the post, because I also agree. Events are planned ahead of time for multiple reasons, one being to get ready. Also that it should remain Hard Mode, since it was planned to be that way. My performance may not of been as good, but I would be able to work with it.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:37 pm
first, thank you for an event very well done under the circumstances. you even made two groups so everyone can join, despite it probably making organizing it all even harder.

i fear that if some people are to take the training events and requirements seriously, you may have to be more strict about actually being prepared when the time comes. don't have the skills, no hm, no icy hilt...? welcome back next week instead.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:59 pm
We're all missing the main point here Smile we not only did the Deep but we formed TWO TEAMS and completed BOTH. Sure it was rough but at the end of the day it's only a game, find happiness or die trying is my mindset. So smile, next time it'll be easier (least that's what she said.)
Pez of Metropolis
Pez of Metropolis
Male Taurus Horse

Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:03 pm
AHAHAHAH D is soooooo right here! I also try to look at things the same way D. Thanks for making the point i was clearly to blinded by fluster to see this time.

oh and that was a near perfect that's what she said... props! Very Happy

Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 pm
This now proves what I suspected all along... D is my soul mate!
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:21 pm
Adam, I only said I would leave if they wouldn't listen. If they wouldn't listen there was nothing I could do to make us succeed, and a lot of the time I actually have at night was already taken up. I don't like to just leave guildies/allies ever, but if my hands are tied and there's nothing I can do to help things along - - what can I do? In the end, I'm glad that I didn't have to leave and that you were able to come and complete it with us! Smile

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 pm
Kraig wrote:This now proves what I suspected all along... D is my soul mate!

I only have one thing to say to that one.. WHY MEEEEE? (oh, and does this mean we share ami now? eh eh)

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Why you D? Because we often think very much alike and I really enjoy what you have to say. And I knew you would not ignore me if I teased you/made a joke about this because you get my humor. As for sharing Ami? Do you WANT me to call you the M word? (lol Smile ) And yes, that is an inside joke - PM me in game if you want to know.

Kraig

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 am
Strafe Nightwing wrote:
Kraig wrote:This now proves what I suspected all along... D is my soul mate!

I only have one thing to say to that one.. WHY MEEEEE? (oh, and does this mean we share ami now? eh eh)
We all know that if that were to happen Allison would steal Ami.
I know what you said Vanessa, and I didn't mean I'd freak out on you, I'm aware that you are stressed. I'd just be real angered that I stayed up late to do this just so people not paying attention ruins the night and makes al mad because I stayed up late and don't even have a trophy to show we did it =P. Anyway it was fun towards the end.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 am
Kraig wrote: As for sharing Ami? Do you WANT me to call you the M word?

HA! Anyone with such a prettiful pull bow shouldn't talk Razz

Fink Dixel wrote:We all know that if that were to happen Allison would steal Ami.

wow.. umm.. kraig.. better put one of those ankle bracelets on ami, you know the ones they use on house arrest people.. she's a hot commodity

P.S. cat *mew*

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 pm
*cocks shotgun, wiggles into position a little bit, and looks outside window*
Make my day kitten.

And I loved my celestial bow until you ruined it for me D. Guess I will switch to storm bow or deldrimore bow to match my shield.

Smile

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Allison is immortal.
Pez of Metropolis
Pez of Metropolis
Male Taurus Horse

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:55 pm
o: can she teach me?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum