Tyrian Covenant [HERO]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Your Hall of Monuments. Empty Your Hall of Monuments.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:14 pm
I figured this forum could use something like this. My last community's forum had one so I think i'll adopt one as well.
So who needs what for their Hall of Monuments?
titles
vanquishing
weapons
materials
etc.

calculator:
http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/hall-of-monuments/

My list thus far is at:

28 of these Minatures:

Hydra
Charr Shaman
Rurik
Shiro
Elf
Palawa Joko
Abyssal
Cave Spider
Cloudtouched Simian
Forest Minotaur
Irukandji
Raptor
Roaring Ether
Abomination
Desert Griffon
Dredge Brute
Krait Neoss
Kveldulf
Terrorweb Dryder
Word of Madness
Cobalt Scabara
Fire Drake
Ophil Nahualli
Scourge Manta
Seer
Shard Wolf
Siege Devourer
Summit Giant Herder

Followers:

8 cloths of the brotherhood

11 of these Titles:

786/1000 master of the north
33/33 canthan vanquisher
4/34 elonian vanquisher
4/54 tyrian vanquisher
1/3 legendary vanquisher
66.6% elonian cartographer
100% canthan cartographer
51.0% tyrian cartographer
1/3 legendary cartographer
94,644/100,000 lucky points
263,000/550,000 luxon faction transfered

4 weapons:

1 oppressor's weapon
3 Detroyer's weapons

Last edited by Goddess Of Defense on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse
https://tyriancovenant.forumotion.com

Your Hall of Monuments. Empty Re: Your Hall of Monuments.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:20 pm
Best way to know what I need is to look at my calculator. I'd like to get up to at least 45. I mainly need to add 20 more minis. I'm aiming at some VQ titles as well as max Luxon and Delver. I need to add a few more heros too.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:14 pm
Wow, you guys have lofty goals!
I've never been one to care about HoM, titles and fancy armors, so this is all pretty new to me. I'm now at 17/50, and even though I have no illusions about my getting close to 50, I'm trying to find new ways to go up in the rankings without too much pain or effort.

For example I discovered that Cloth of the Brotherhood would allow me to get my EoTN heroes to the Fellowship monument with relatively little effort. Maye it's obvious to everyone else, but somehow I hadn't made the connection.
since Cloths are relatively easy to obtain (thanks Love for running Glint's challenge with me last night), it's an easy way to get fellowship points.

Turning in a Shiro Hard Mode book also got me a luxon title without even being aware it was going to. always nice.

Are there other easy ways to bump up your count? looks like I can get some Elite armor as long as I'm willing to throw money at it?

I'm missing most Elite Missions, so I'm counting on Moon events to get some of those statues, I think the guild runs The Deep, UW, etc... on a regular basis?

My first foray into titles was not a very good experience: I painfully and expensively got to 1000 party points and get the Party animal title only to discover that the statue requires max rank even though it's called Party Animal Sad
Since I'm not much of one for grinding, titles like VQ or Cartographer just don't appeal to me.

The Guardian/Protector titles should be easier to get. Once I looked into it, I realized I only needed one mission to complete my Guardian of Cantha title for example.

I've never been in FoW and osidian armor counts "double", maybe we could make an event out of it for the newbies like me?

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:20 pm
I hit Reward Level 30. I am happy enough.
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 pm
I'm at 33 or something. That is all the items so far for reward, so I'm not too worried about the rest. I just did it by doing all the elite missions/beating all campaigns, owning practically every single elite armor possible, dedicating a ton of mini pets, adding heroes, and dedicating oppressor and a torment weapon. It wasn't too hard since it was just stuff I do anyway.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 pm
Not sure I want to bother with minis
I need to learn about oppressor and torment weapons, I've always classified them as bling I needn't bother with until now. Sounds like they require quite a bit of effort.

Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:17 pm
Torments require 15 of each Domain of Anguish gem or 23 ecto approximately to buy. You get an armbrace from the gems, or buy them from someone. You can also buy the weapons themselves. You can buy oppressors as well, or do all the quest line of War in Kryta to get the items necessary to craft your own oppressor weapon. You can also dedicate destroyer weapons.
SAL
SAL
Leader
Leader
Male Gemini Dragon

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 am
Since I have no inherent interest in titles, I've never bothered to title grind except when there was some sort of real in-game reward for it (mainly the faction related titles that boost skills).

Luckily, the HoM rewards a broad range of accomplishments much more than title grinding specifically. So mine was already fairly high, and I was able to boost it up to 30 pretty easily. And that's probably all I'm going to care to do for it since there doesn't seem to be any rewards for getting it any higher than that other than titles (which brings me back to me having no inherent interest in titles).

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:40 am
I'm with Scott. I just want to get to thirty points and call it good. I could care less about the titles

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:29 am
Hunt For Redemption wrote:thirty points and call it good. I could care less about the titles

Ditto, but I will likely get right up there.
Valynn Lionhart
Valynn Lionhart
Leader
Leader
Female Libra Horse

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:35 pm
I'm aiming for about 35. Then, I won't really try much harder after that. Titles mean a little more to me than Scott, but that's not saying much since he doesn't care for them at all. Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum